CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

The School

The School

Monday, April 21, 2008

A New Blog!

So I finally logged on to my blog today....it's probably been a couple weeks (or months...j/k!) and was so excited to see that people actually read my blog! I really should get more into blogging but since I am so technologically challenged it might take me awhile to get into it. But as far as an update goes.....Andy is in the midst of finals. And if any of you know Andy and his school work ethic it means he is aways for days at a time on campus studying his brains out. I on the other hand have been working at Best Vinyl for the last five weeks, finally took my 4 hour social work liscensure exam this morning (and thankfully passed!), and am just starting to pack since we are moving in a week. Oh by the way...about four days ago it decided to for sure move to Ghana for the summer. We will be teaching elementary school students at an orphanage school. I am really excited to go and Andy and I are trying to hurry and arrange our yellow fever shots (there is a waiting list to get one), get our visas, and then buy plane tickets ( hopefully all this week). Anyway, I will post some pictures from my trip to Namibia two years ago in anticipation of this trip. Here comes the sun :)

12 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow- you guys are super busy- but how fun! Will you be able to post on your blog in Ghana? I hope so- I think that will be the most interesting stuff to read, by far! Let me know if we can help with the move- the military brat in me loves moving!

kabeaner said...

Gosh, Ghana! And I thought moving to Provo to Boise was big (jk) You really are amazing people. Good luck with everything! When do you leave?

Erin_C said...

Wow! Ghana? That is so exciting! Thats so amazing that you guys are going to do that. Did you teach school in Namibia too? Good luck getting everything done! Let us know if you need help.

Amy Jane said...

How exciting for you guys! I had a friend from Ghana who was named after their day for Wednesday..apparently they like the days of the week there. What an awesome experience for you guys..Are you planning on moving back into the ward? I hope you get everything done that you need to :)

Aubrey said...

Hey Jessica, its good to see you in the blogging world. I love keeping connected with people in the BYU 85th ward. I'm excited to hear more about your trip to Ghana. Sounds like a trip of a lifetime!
-Aubrey Cooper

Unknown said...

Yes! I read your blog! It is good to hear some updates. Congrats on passing your 4 hour exam, sounds intense! and what a fun summer you have ahead of you!

Nat said...

Wow Jessica, look at how many people responded to your blog post within 24 hours, despite the fact that you haven't blogged in over a month. It's like we're encouraging you or something. (Come over to the addictive dark side of blogging! Come!!)

Anyway, let me know if you need help packing stuff up or anything.

Lauren Davison said...

Wow! How fun! :) I'm a little more than jealous, I'm not gonna lie. We'll be moving to the exotic land of O-REM in August! ;)

rachel b. said...

Wow, Ghana! That's amazing! Well, get ready to be super-jealous because while you're in boring old Ghana, we'll be in Iowa. Beat that.

AMB said...

Yay! I've been patiently waiting for a blog update. You guys are amazing. I love you bunches!

Katie Rod said...

Jessica!!!

Wow and I thought we went far away...I look forward to posts and pictures from your adventures this summer. We have a blog too that you should check out. By the way, have you graduated yet???
-Katie

Leah Florence said...

The beans!!! hey it's Leah. Your going to Ghana! That's so awesomely cool! Why are you so cute and cool!