CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

The School

The School

Monday, April 28, 2008

Another New Blog

So I never know what to title my new posts (I'm being really creative today with "Another New Blog"). Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for everyone's comments. I am too lazy right now to answer people's posts individually so this mass post will have to do! I will try to keep up on my blog while in Ghana (and hopefully learn how to post pictures successfully on it before I leave) but considering we won't have electricity or running water....the word "updated" is relative. Hopefully I'll be able to get on the internet at least twice a month....won't it be weird to not have access to a computer when I want to use it? This week has been pretty hectic: I walked at graduation, had family in town, have begun to pack, and today applied for my visa. Luckily everything has just fallen into place so far and I feel so blessed. HERE'S WHY:
Word to the wise: If you ever need a yellow fever shot, make sure you get it far in advance because there is a waiting list to get it. In order to travel to Ghana, you have to get a shot in order to get a visa. Andy and I were hoping to get out to Ghana asap because we are moving out the end of April and would be staying at my mom's house until we left. Anyway, I went to the Utah County Health Department last week and they told me in order to get a yellow fever shot I would have to wait 6 to 8 weeks...that really put a wrench in our plans. However, the BYU student health center said I could come on May 1st to get a shot. This was going to have to be good enough (even though we were worried because we didn't want to buy our plane tickets until we got our visas back so we knew we would be okay to enter into Ghana). Anyway, today I felt like I should go to the student health center to make sure I had a time to get a shot on Thursday, and the lady told me they had got a new shipment of yellow fever shots and I could get one today. So I got the shot and applied for the visa. Isn't that amazing? I feel like Heavenly Father is definetly helping us out. So now we will probably be flying out May 8th. We will miss everyone :)

9 comments:

Katie Rod said...

Yay for shots!!

Nat said...

What a great blessing! Have a safe travel!

Kristin Hanson said...

Holy cow!! Ghana?! Ok, so if I see you next, I'll be asking why!

Kristin Hanson said...

I meant, if I see you next Sunday...

Lauren Davison said...

Woohoo! Y'all be safe, now!

curlyq said...

We'll miss you guys, too--you've been great neighbors! I'm glad things worked out with your shot (ugh), and congrats on graduating!

Amanda Ann Hansen said...

Wahoo! Good luck in Ghana! Call me when you get back.

Jamie said...

That's so exciting---well, you guys are actually there NOW---which is great! Can't wait to see pics and stuff! Here's our family blog:

jjwagner.blogspot.com

Love ya!

Jamie

kabeaner said...

Are you ever going to blog again?!!!